Considering the amount of dishes and cuisines for which rice is a staple, cooking rice should be a fairly straightforward task. Yet more often than not cooking perfect rice can be a difficult one to get right with sticky clumpy rice, watery rice or, worse still, a burnt pan often being the end result.
It seems like everyone has there own ideas about how to cook perfect rice. So as Chinese New Year is approaching, we thought we’d share with you our method, ensuring you’ll have the perfect accompaniment to some delicious Chinese delivery of course!
How to Cook Perfect Rice: Our Method!
- First, rinse the rice under running water in a colander or sieve as this prevents it from becoming sticky. Continue rinsing until the water runs clear (around 2 minutes)
- Place the rice in a pan. Fill the pan with water to around 2cm above the rice level. (The ratio of rice to water should be about 1 cup of rice to just under 1 1/2 cups of water).
- Cover and bring to the boil. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce to a low heat so it is simmering.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes, keeping the cover on.
- Remove the pan from the heat, keep it covered letting it steam for a further five minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork or chopsticks before serving.
- For added flavour use chicken or vegetable stock instead of water.
Fingers crossed you have cooked perfect rice!
There’s always Delivery Hero…
Should this all seem like too much of a risky business, perfect rice is available to order from the experts for home delivery.
How do you cook perfect rice? Let us know! Who makes the best rice dishes in your area?